This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
Katherine Delmar Burke School is an independent K-8 all girls’ school located on a 3.5-acre campus in San Francisco. Burke’s is one of California’s leading elementary schools with a 100-year tradition of educational excellence. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on project-based learning and personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher level, critical-thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, academic rigor, and joyful learning. Katherine Delmar Burke School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to continuing to build an inclusive educational community and therefore are actively pursuing diversity in our administration, faculty, and student body.
We are seeking responsible, mature, nurturing, enthusiastic, and dedicated people with a strong desire to teach and to learn from a Lead Teacher. We require a B.A. degree and welcome candidates who hold or are working toward a teaching credential or masters degree. We look for candidates who possess a commitment to girls’ education and multicultural education. Prior classroom experience is desired.
The Science Support Teacher will be partnered with both our 5th and 6th Grade Science Teacher and our 7th and 8th Grade Science Teacher. By observing and working with our experienced teachers and participating in the life of the school, the Science Support Teacher will gain valuable experience as well as an opportunity to develop as a teacher. Having a Support Teacher allows us to increase the individual and small group attention that we can offer in Upper School Science classes. This is a two-year position.
● Work collaboratively to plan, prepare, present and facilitate lessons in 5th through 8th grade science
● Help plan, set up, supervise, clean up, and assess lab activities and projects
● Assess student work using rubrics
● Collaborate with Lead Teachers to continue updating materials, resources, and technology
● Research appropriate technology tools and resources for instruction
● Participate in faculty meetings and other division-wide professional work
● Participate in other supervisory roles such as recess, lunch, field trips, carpool, and outdoor education trips
● Perform other duties consistent with the above responsibilities
● Participate in routines of either or both Science teachers’ advisory groups
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and position requirements. This is a non-exempt position. Comprehensive benefits are provided. Burke’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.