This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school in the greater Los Angeles area seeks a full-time, experienced Upper School (5th-8th) English teacher who is compelled by the school’s mission and committed to leading a dynamic English and literature program. This position is for the 2020-2021 school year. Teachers are also engaged in regular collaboration, curriculum development, and pedagogical reflection.
● Teach 2 Upper School (5-8) levels of English
● Collaborate, design, English classes together with the department chair and division colleagues.
● Differentiate learning for students
● Advise 12-14 students
● Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in a English, or related field
● Master’s degree in education preferred
● Three years’ teaching experience preferred
● Successful teaching experience in middle or secondary school
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.