This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, Adat Ari El Labowe Family Day School, is seeking an Associate Director of Admissions for the 2019-2020 school year, The Admissions Associate is a member of the Day School Leadership Team and reports to the Director of Admission & Business Affairs and the Head of School. Experience and participation in the community life of a Jewish Day School preferred.
About Our School
Spanning grades TK-6, Adat Ari El Labowe Family Day School is located in Valley Village, CA. We pride ourselves in our progressive, integrated approach to teaching and learning; we educate the whole child to help each student reach his or her potential, and to prepare them to be upstanding, empathetic, and informed citizens for the rest of their lives.
Adat Ari El families and faculty share a set of values; a desire to provide our students with the best education in a setting that also delivers a values-oriented curriculum grounded in Jewish tradition, and fostering an intellectual curiosity and a life-long love of learning. We have a strong sense of community, and encourage parents to take an active role in their child’s education.
Our school faculty works in a highly collaborative environment.
Our Mission: Through Jewish vision and values, we raise up students who know themselves, serve others, and act to improve the world.
Seeking in an Applicant
We are looking for a warm person with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills who will be the right fit for our Day School leadership team as an Associate Director of Admission. This position will report to the Director of Admission and Business Affairs, with significant opportunity for growth after the first year. We are looking for someone who deeply believes in Jewish Day Schools, who is able to become immersed in our community, and who can help us grow our enrollment.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a classroom teacher (preferred)
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business, or Communications (preferred)
- Prior experience working in an Admission department for an independent school
- Basic understanding of Jewish culture and traditions (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive and creative energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to the mission and values of the school
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable with the Google Apps Suite, as well as with learning new technological platforms
Lead admissions process from inquiry to enrollment:
- Manage phone calls, online inquiries, and emails from prospective parents
- Track data from inquiry through enrollment for all prospective families and students
- Coordinate and lead personal tours for prospective parents
- Coordinate and oversee prospective student’s site visits
- Process and follow up on applications until completion
● Communicate with applicants throughout the application process
● Schedule school visits to observe students as needed
● Contact applicant support service providers
● Ensure that all materials necessary for the application process complete are submitted
● Oversee Admissions Committee
● Present final decisions to Head of School
● Send admissions decisions to applicants
- Financial Aid - work in collaboration with Financial Aid Committee, organize materials, communicate with current and prospective families applying for financial aid, manage financial aid appeal process for current and accepted families, manage and report on financial aid data.
Develop, execute and manage recruitment and enrollment strategy:
- Stay current on daily life of school including school events and curriculum
- Continually evaluate and redesign, where appropriate, all aspects of the admission process to increase enrollment
- Maintain relationships, correspond with, and attend meetings with NAIS, and other independent school and admissions organizations
- Collaborate with Director of Admission & Business Affairs and Head of School to create and execute a marketing plan that communicates the school mission, culture, and program to prospective families
- Track,report, and analyze data for future planning with Head of School
- Cultivate relationships with feeder schools and institutions
- Develop and execute Parent Ambassador program and training, Mentor Family Project, Buddy Program, and Prospective Student Playdates
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment events including, but not limited to Prospective Family Open House, school fairs, parlor meetings, etc.
- Keep tabs on families who are considering leaving the school to avoid attrition
Oversee on-boarding of new families to school:
- Produce events such as New Family Orientation, New Student Playdates, etc.
- Assign accepted families a Mentor Family and TK/K students a 5th/6th grade buddy
- Meet with educational administration and teachers to inform them about special needs, nuances of new students and families, etc.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.