This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, Avenues, is searching for Associate or Assistant Director of Admissions, in Silicon Valley. There is an opportunity to hire up to four candidates.
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues Silicon Valley plans to open in fall 2021 in San Jose, serving students from preschool through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues: The World School, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility. From early childhood through 5th grade, students enroll in either Spanish or Mandarin language immersion, and across all grade levels, learning is project- and inquiry-based, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary study. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
As a member of a dynamic and highly collaborative enrollment team, this role ensures that Avenues Silicon Valley opens on Day 1 fully enrolled with well-qualified, diverse, mission-aligned students and families.
What You'll Do
As Associate or Assistant Director of Admissions, you will:
● Shape and execute a targeted recruitment plan to build a diverse pool of well-qualified applicants and ultimately meet or exceed enrollment goals
● Educate families on the unique value of an Avenues education in nuanced, compelling ways, and guide families through their journey from inquiry through admission and enrollment
● Identify “right-fit” students and families through careful, holistic review
● Make every family feel cared for and respected, regardless of admissions outcome
● Plan and execute high-quality recruitment and yield events that highlight Avenues' unique value
● Collaborate with an innovative global Experience Team (of creative, communications, and marketing) to tell the Avenues story and build a superb family experience
● Build strong relationships with feeder schools, community organizations, educational consultants and other potential sources of right-fit students and families
What You Bring
● Several years of relevant professional experience
● Extraordinary relationship skills, particularly with families and students
● A near-fanatical commitment to delivering the best possible student and family experience
● A hands-on, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges
● A record of achieving and exceeding ambitious goals, especially through growth and change
● Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
● Exceptional ability to communicate compellingly one-on-one, in public and in writing
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.