This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
ES General Studies Teacher (2019–2020)
Pressman Academy is seeking both lower and upper elementary general studies teachers for the 2019–2020 school year to join our current teaching team.
Pressman Academy is an innovative and engaging Jewish Day School dedicated to developing minds, nurturing hearts, and instilling Jewish values. Located in the Pico-Robertson area of Los Angeles, Pressman Academy has approximately 500 students in its Early Childhood Center through eighth grade. Pressman Academy is known for its rigorous academics, strong social/emotional curriculum, Hebrew immersion program, and warm community. Pressman Academy is connected to Temple Beth Am and affiliated with the Solomon Schechter Day School Network.
The candidate we hire will:
● Have a warm and caring personality and believe in the unique gifts of each child
● Be a constructivist and life-long learner
● Develop, prepare, and implement lesson plans based on the curriculum with an emphasis on inspiring confidence, joy, creativity, and higher order thinking skills ● Use results of both informal and formal assessments to guide instruction
● Collaborate with other faculty members and administrative staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods
● Prepare lessons that reflect differentiation for individual student needs and provide opportunities for Project-Based Learning for all students
● Represent a positive role model for students, reflective of the mission of the school
● Participate actively and meaningfully in Professional Development opportunities
● Manage student behavior in the classroom
● Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students
● Valid teaching credential
● Excellent written and verbal skills
● Minimum 2 years teaching experience
● Knowledge of and experience with Reading and Writing Workshop
● Knowledge of and experience with Singapore Math
● Previous experience in a Jewish Day School setting
● Master’s Degree
Please send resumes to Sarah Walker, Interim General Studies Principal: K-8
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.