This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its 370 students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our flexible, open-minded staff and faculty members foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, good humor and respect for diversity. As co-builders of a young high school, they contribute to an impactful community. Our campus also serves as headquarters for the CATDC (California Teacher Development Collaborative).
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty and staff and a student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply. For more information about The Bay School, including Bay's official school profile, please visit our website at https://www.bayschoolsf.org .
The Educational Technology Integrator provides enthusiastic partnership in all areas of educational technology with an emphasis on supporting the school’s founding pillars of providing a future-focused education characterized by innovation and a mindful approach to learning. Reporting to the Dean of Academics and Innovation, they work in close partnership with the Dean, the Director of Information Technology, and the Dean of Faculty to directly engage and support faculty and staff in their implementation of educational technology, including providing comprehensive training and 1:1 support. In support of Bay’s mission, they demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the access and uses of technology for all 370 students and 80 teachers/staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
● Partnering with the Dean of Academics & Innovation and Dean of Faculty to engage and mentor teachers in adopting and delivering a meaningful and relevant approach to technology integration that supports innovative teaching and learning.
● Partnering with Director of IT and the IT Department to research, evaluate, pilot, and deploy new hardware, software, and emerging technologies that serve the needs of teachers and students
● Creating and delivering faculty technology training and professional development, including coordinating internal professional development related to Canvas course design and supporting innovative technology use by faculty
● Providing day-to-day support for faculty technology integration, including direct support of individual teachers and departments as well as of unique or stand-alone academic programs and troubleshooting for routine technological issues
● Maintaining an active presence in classrooms to understand teaching and learning at Bay and drive future effective innovation
● Managing and implementing effective teaching and learning technologies including, but not limited to, Canvas LMS, G Suite, Curriculum Management, etc.
● Support the administration of Canvas Learning Management System in partnership with the Data Systems Manager
● Instruct students and support faculty in the vetting and responsible use of academic technology, advocating current practices of digital citizenship
● With the Director of IT, solicit regular feedback from faculty, staff, and students on areas that may include infrastructure, customer service, classroom needs, evaluation of existing systems/hardware/software, and creating opportunities for feedback, testing, and demoing
● Document use of educational technology for ongoing assessment and publication purposes as well as updating of educational software/hardware
The ideal candidate will possess:
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field combined with five years of experience in education technology integration along with strong listening and communication skills
● Demonstrated understanding of instructional technology hardware, software, and related web-based or other tools;
● Experience working with teachers in all disciplines to identify instructional needs and the various technologies to enable/enhance instruction;
● Classroom teaching experience at the high school level;
● Knowledge of information technology;
● Fluency and comfort with both PC and Mac operating systems;
● Fluency and comfort with Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office Suite and Canvas (LMS);
● Strong organizational skills and ability to plan, implement, evaluate, and follow through on tasks and projects;
● Ability to think creatively to address projects;
● Willingness and ability to learn new applications, tools, resources and technology;
● Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of people in various capacities and situations with attention to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
● Ability to incorporate feedback to improve job performance.
In addition, they will:
• find resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy;
• bring a diversity of work and life experience;
• seek out collegial collaboration as a means to improve the team and self;
• demonstrate dedication to anti-bias and equity work;
• commit to innovation, professional growth and reinvention;
• demonstrate a passion for being in a learning community; and
• enjoy working with and inspiring high school learners.
Bay offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package. To apply please send:
● Cover letter explaining your interest in Bay and your fit for the position
● A list of three references: current supervisor, current colleague, current/recent supervisee (if applicable)
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.