This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
Charles Armstrong School unlocks the unique potential of students with dyslexia and related learning differences, changing the trajectory of their lives.
Currently Charles Armstrong School is seeking a full time Science Teacher for Grade 5th and 6th.
Teacher will work collaboratively to create and implement Science lessons using our Science curriculum for grades 5 and 6. The candidate will possess a knowledge base and passion for teaching students with language based learning differences and a passion for teaching science.
· Plan and implement curriculum in a collaborative manner.
· Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs.
· Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
· Use classroom management systems that are effective with students with learning differences.
· Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
· Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, teaching partner and other professionals on a regular basis.
· Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, parents, peers, and community.
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating and planning.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
· Bachelor of Arts degree in Science, Education, or related field
· Valid teaching credential (Special Education certification or Master Degree preferred)
· Two years of classroom teaching experience preferred
· Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies
· Experience with technology – iPads; computers; SmartBoards
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work on a team
· Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
· Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals
· Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
· Ability to communicate with students, teachers and teaching partner
· Ability to form parent partnerships
· Strong organizational skills
· Willingness to work in a collaborative professional learning environment
· Flexible and positive attitude
· Ability to motivate and engage all types of learners
· Ability to identify and improve student outcomes
· Understanding students according to strengths and challenges
· Experience with technology integration in the classroom
Charles Armstrong School offers:
· Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
· Attractive medical, dental and vision package, 403b plan
· Tuition reimbursement
· Team-teaching model
· Instructional coaches
· Professional development program
· Collaborative teaching environment with seasoned professionals
Direct resumes and cover letter to
Charles Armstrong School
1405 Solana Drive, Belmont, CA 94002
Charles Armstrong School is the premier school for children with dyslexia and learning differences in the San Francisco Bay Area with a national reputation for excellence. Charles Armstrong School is a non-profit, independent, coeducational day school of approximately 240 students in grades 2-8. Charles Armstrong School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.