This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
The Director of Technology oversees technology to enhance the learning environment of the School. This includes installing and maintaining computer and iPad hardware with software; overseeing classroom server configurations; providing technical support to site administrators, staff and students; and resolving school site operational issues. The Director of Technology provides leadership and assumes management responsibility for the direction, coordination, integration, and implementation of technology across the school. The Director will be responsible for planning, purchasing, budgeting physical technology systems of the school in a condition of excellence enabling full educational use of technology at all times. This is a hands- on position that includes responsibilities such as strategic and long-range planning and implementation of system wide technology solutions.
This job reports to the Executive Director, and partners with the Educational Administration
● Excellent social skills
● Ability to work in a complex school environment
● Exhibits Patience
● Exhibits Flexibility
● Is Resourceful
● Is Passionate
● Is Organized - Ability to complete tasks and plan for long term projects according to a thoughtful timeline.
● Assesses malfunctions of computer and iPad and network hardware, software applications, or electronic equipment for the purpose of identifying repair and replacement needs.
● Through the Head of School’s office, authorize permissions and individual access to technology applications or services for the purpose of ensuring proper access to technology systems by staff, students, parents, and others.
● Oversees Information & Technology Services, including outside vendors, in managing and maintaining network equipment for the purpose of maintaining overall site operations.
● Assists users via remote connection for the purpose of troubleshooting and/or resolving workstation issues.
● Configures classroom servers, peripheral and shared devices (e.g. printers, multimedia components, scanners, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring operational use of computer and iPad applications.
● Installs computer and iPad hardware, peripherals, and application software for the purpose of maintaining overall site operations (classrooms, library, theaters, computer, and iPad labs, etc.).
● Maintains computer and iPads, peripherals, and electronic equipment (e.g. television systems, projectors, video cameras/recorders, electronic controllers, theater systems, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining equipment in a safe and functional operating condition.
● Maintains manual and electronic documents, files, and records (e.g. preventive maintenance, purchases, inspections, repair logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, conveying information, and/or providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail.
● Maintains user accounts on classroom servers (e.g. authorization, access, passwords, etc.) for the purpose of regulating access to files and folders.
● Collaborates hardware and software acquisitions for the purpose of ensuring the availability of required technology.
● Responds to a variety of questions from site staff and students for the purpose of providing information, guidance, or referral.
● Trains school site staff, on an as-needed basis, on a variety of software applications and hardware operations for the purpose of providing ongoing support and maximizing the capabilities of assigned staff.
● Monitors technology budget and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and expenses are within budget limits.
● Communicates technology-related activities and clarifies policy-related questions and concerns in a timely manner to all stakeholders.
● Attends school site and Technology Services meetings for the purpose of providing and/or gathering information relating to job functions.
Job Requirements & Necessary Attributes
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed under some hazardous conditions and in a clean atmosphere.
Responsibilities include: working independently while following standardized practices
and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a
Software/ Hardware Experience
B.A. Degree and/or A.A. in Informational Technology
Proven experience in the following:
● Working in a mixed Windows & Apple Environment
● Working with iPad devices & the latest iOS Platform
● Experience with Content Creation & Curation Apps & Software
○ ie: Explain Everything, iMovie, stop-motion, Book Creator
● Working with Google Apps for Education - Gmail, Calendar, & Drive
● Proficient in both Microsoft & Apple Word Processing, Presentation, and Spreadsheet Software.
● Working with Meraki Mobile Device Management Systems
● Working with Mac OS X Server
● Experience with Smartboard hardware and software
● Adobe Design Software experience a plus
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.