This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, is seeking a Director of Equity and Inclusion to begin July 1 2021. The Director will be a member of the senior administrative team and will report directly to the head of school and oversee school-wide efforts to support our work to support equity and inclusion for all members of our community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● In partnership with the head of school, assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs that sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school community.
● In partnership with head of school and leadership, lead the school in implementation of recommendations from the school’s recent diversity climate assessment.
● In partnership with assistant head of school, assist in recruiting, hiring, mentoring, evaluating, and retaining faculty who reflect and/or support a diverse and inclusive school community.
● A master’s degree is preferred, along with a minimum of three years of school administrative experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Participation in in depth training in diversity, equity, inclusion, and multicultural practices at nationally recognized seminars and workshops.
● Strategic thinking skills with a record of accomplishment in implementation of programs in diversity, equity, and inclusion in school settings.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.