This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Lower Division
An Avenues Lower Division provides a transformative academic program to engage young minds and promote creative thinking--in two languages. During grades 1-5, students cultivate independent thinking and deepen their understanding of what it means to be a member of a community, through a curricular emphasis on: language immersion in Mandarin or Spanish; inquiry-oriented learning, from the self to the world; and interdisciplinary, creativity-enhancing projects.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a mission-driven and world-wise educational leader to join us as the founding Head of Lower Division for Avenues Silicon Valley, scheduled to open its doors in 2021. As a member of a talented and committed senior leadership team, the Lower Division Head will play a key role in all aspects of the start-up and launch of the newest Avenues campus. The Lower Division Head is the senior leader responsible for grades 1-5 being an extraordinarily engaging place to work for talented educators, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community defined by our community values of welcome, safety and respect.
The Lower Division Head's primary areas of responsibility include:
Transformational Teaching and Learning
● Students develop enduring habits of learning, including critical and independent thinking, creativity, collaboration and second language fluency
● Teachers expertly design and teach interdisciplinary, inquiry-based curriculum that engages all students in challenging and authentic learning
● All students feel agency in their learning, appropriate challenge, belonging and support
A Vibrant, Thriving Community
● Inspire, attract and admit hundreds of new families to Avenues over several years of growth
● Create a thriving community of students and families throughout the division
● Ensure a superb experience for each family during their trajectory at Avenues
An Extraordinary Team
● Hire an outstanding founding faculty, grow the team further over several years, keep your team deeply engaged, and accomplish great things together
● Lead a highly effective leadership team of Associate Division Heads and other leaders
● Nurture a thriving adult culture of trust and commitment to shared mission and goals
A Culture of Innovation
● Foster a culture of creativity and experimentation in the division, while maintaining a healthy, dynamic balance between innovation and stability
● Share valuable improvements and innovations with the broader organization
Campus and Global Leadership
● Participate as an active member of the senior campus leadership team, which shares collective responsibility for the overall success of Avenues Silicon Valley
● As a global leader, align with, shape and implement org-wide Avenues priorities around academics, innovation, engaging families, talent and other key areas
● Enthusiastically tackle the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with creating a new top-tier school from the ground up
The ideal candidate will bring all or most of:
● 15+ years of experience in education, with substantial leadership experience in grades 1-5
● Conviction for changing the world through education, aligned with Avenues' mission
● Recognizes and expects the highest standard of teaching and learning
● Inspiring, compelling presence and communication with families and colleagues
● Capacity to build and nurture a healthy, thriving organizational culture
● Management acumen to build, develop, lead and retain a high-performing and diverse team
● Instructional leadership, to guide teachers to grow and create deeper learning for students
● A hands-on, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges
● Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
● Deep commitment to partnership and interdependence with other leaders
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.