This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
The Buckley School, Los Angeles’s oldest K-12 co-educational learning institution, has an opening for a Second Grade Associate Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Teachers in the Lower School work in a team-teaching environment that incorporates best pedagogical practices and 21st century learning skills.
● Bachelors’ degree
● Masters or credential in early childhood education
● Strong writing, editing, and spelling skills
● Previous early childhood/primary level teaching experience
● Demonstrated competency in diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, equity and social justice
● Proficiency with technology
Preferred candidates will have:
● Demonstrated leadership in diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, equity and social justice
● Familiarity with Singapore Math and/or Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach
● Familiarity with writing workshop and reading workshop
● Familiarity with Responsive Classroom
● Experience with classroom technology including use of Smart Boards and document cameras
● Strong desire to work as a member of the second grade teaching team
In a cover letter please explain how you have included diversity, equity, and inclusion in your work with students or colleagues.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Buckley School, with 830 students, is one of the most respected independent schools in Los Angeles. Buckley is known for its unique educational philosophy, the 4-Fold Plan of Education, which melds a whole-child approach with elements of structure, as well as for its warm and nurturing educational environment.
The school’s curriculum balances academics, the arts, physical development and ethical education. Buckley’s creative, personalized approach to education emphasizes high academic standards for all students, and includes traditional touches that develop the character and discipline that unlock students’ potential.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.