This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, St. James’ Episcopal School, is seeking a Spanish Teacher.
Celebrating fifty years of providing quality elementary school education to the children of Los Angeles, St. James’ Episcopal School is a community that values academic excellence, scholarship, inclusion, joyful teaching and learning and a strong belief that an elementary school’s primary purpose is to inculcate in children a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to community, a profound curiosity about people and the world, and gratitude for the opportunity to make our complex world more compassionate, empathetic and filled with joy.
Encompassing most of a block on St. Andrews Place, and a preschool on Gramercy Place, St. James’ is comprised of 365 students and over 73 employees, whom we refer to as “staffulty” due to the belief that everything at St. James’ is the curriculum and that all employees offer instruction and modeling to young people in some way.
• Teach Spanish to Grades K-6
• Maintain and submit grades and comments each trimester for report cards
• Attend weekly faculty meetings
• Attend school events, including the weekly chapel service
• Supervisory duties include playground supervision
• Participate in opportunities for professional growth
• Meet regularly with team and Assistant Head of School
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Spanish, Language Arts or related field.
• Ability to speak Spanish fluently.
• Experience planning language curriculum highly desirable.
• Sound understanding of the developmental characteristics for students’ preschool through grade six.
• At least three years of full-time teaching experience.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.