This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Mirman School seeks an experienced full-time Assistant to Division Heads, School Registrar who is compelled by the school’s mission and committed to providing administrative support to Mirman School and the Head of the Lower and Upper School.This position is year round.
Ideal candidates have extensive knowledge and experience as a registrar and the ability to communicate well with counterparts and families, strong organizational and collaborative skills; and the ability to use sophisticated technology; and will work with highly sensitive student information.
At Mirman School, we work collaboratively to support our unique population of highly gifted learners. We have a firm commitment to educating the whole child, and nurturing talents in all dimensions — academic, kinesthetic, and artistic. By fully integrating a commitment to inclusivity as well as a strong social-emotional learning curriculum, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens of this increasingly complex society.
Mirman School actively seeks to enhance and support diversity and inclusion within its community, and is an equal opportunity employer. Mirman School encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
● Serves as the liaison between Division Heads and all community members, including faculty, students, parents and any outside parties
● Requires the ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally as a representative of Mirman School and Division Heads.
● Manages both Division Heads’ calendars; provides clerical, scheduling, organizational, and operational support to Division Heads.
● In conjunction with the Director of Communications and Marketing, manages communications to families and/or other avenues.
● Performs the responsibilities of Registrar and maintains accurate, up-to-date student files.
● Creates and maintains report cards and transcripts for all students; produces mailings and score reports through Blackbaud.
● In conjunction with the Director of Instruction and Curriculum of Gifted Education, responsible for scheduling classes for students under the School’s established academic schedules and the general supervision of Division Heads.
● Oversees the Magnus Health system with support from the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant; process student authorization forms collected annually and immunization records upon enrollment.
● Manages the applying-out process for the Head of Upper School and Head of School.
● Coordinates and collaborates with multiple administrators and faculty on campus events (Parent-Teacher Conferences, Graduation, In-Service, Curriculum Nights, etc).
● Attends scheduled and ad hoc meetings.
● Works on special projects as assigned by Division Heads and Head of School
● Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other employees on campus
● Exhibit a sense of humor and commitment with high ethical professional standards, and equity perspective
● May be required to travel as needed to off campus events including occasional nights and weekends.
● Bachelor's degree (BA or BS)
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Experience with Blackbaud or other LMS systems
● Flexibility and creativity in working in a dynamic environment exhibiting the qualities of an adult learner dedicated to their craft
● Culturally competent and engaged community learner
● Exhibit enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
● Independent school experience preferred
Mirman School offers a robust benefits package to full time employees which includes medical, dental, and vision coverages. Eligible employees may also participate in the 403(b) retirement plan. Mirman also offers opportunities for the professional development of our faculty and administrators.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.