This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
Charles Armstrong School unlocks the unique potential of students with dyslexia and related learning differences, changing the trajectory of their lives.
Currently Charles Armstrong School is looking for a 4th Grade Teacher with extraordinary vision: to inspire, guide and teach students with language based learning differences so that they can meet their full academic and emotional potential.
Teacher will work in conjunction with a credentialed teacher, in a co-teaching model, to create an educational setting where students have the opportunity to fulfill their cognitive and social/emotional potential. Candidates will possess a knowledge base and passion for teaching students with language based learning differences. Teacher will be responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will capitalize on student strengths and result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Charles Armstrong methodology and mission.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work on a team
· Ability to communicate with students, teachers and teaching partner
· Ability to form parent partnerships
· Strong organizational skills
· Willingness to work in a collaborative professional learning environment
· Flexible and positive attitude
· Ability to motivate and engage thriving learners
· Ability to identify and improve student outcomes
· Understanding students according to strengths and challenges
· Experience with technology integration in the classroom
Charles Armstrong School offers:
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.