This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
• Provide direct and differentiated instruction in small Language Arts groups that contributes to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Collaborate with lead English teacher to deliver lessons, differentiate instruction based on student needs, and work with individual or small groups of students who need additional support or extension.
• Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs.
• Use classroom management systems that are focused on social emotional needs.
• Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals on a regular basis.
• Collaborate regularly and effectively with grade level teammates and other English and Language Arts teachers within the middle school.
• Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, parents, peers, and community.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Valid teaching credential
• Experience with and understanding of adolescent children in grades 6-8
• Three to five years of classroom teaching experience
• Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies, such as:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on a team
• Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
• Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals
• Displays effective time management skills
• Ability to communicate with students, teachers and teaching partner
• Ability to form parent partnerships
• Strong organizational skills
• Willingness to work in a collaborative professional learning environment
• Flexible and positive attitude
• Ability to motivate and engage thriving learners
• Ability to identify and improve student outcomes
• Understanding students according to strengths and challenges
• Experience with technology integration in the classroom
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.