This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, in the Greater Los Angeles area, seeks an experienced full-time Director of Marketing and Communication to begin immediately. The Director of Marketing & Communications is an exceptional communicator through multiple media, as well as a strategic thinker who is enthusiastic about the school’s mission, branding, and plans. Plays a significant role in crafting the “voice” and telling the story of the school. Develops and manages the branding, messaging, marketing, and all materials that capture the spirit and happenings of the school in authentic and compelling ways. Works with the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and Advancement team to develop comprehensive and strategic plans. As the leader of the school’s communications efforts, the position sets a strategy that keeps the school’s community and its supporters informed, continuously engaged, and invested in its success.
● Bring innovative and new ideas to the school regarding marketing, communications, and branding
● Manage relationships with multiple vendors on behalf of the school
● Develop a comprehensive annual communications plan
● Continue to facilitate and lead branding and marketing rollout
● Maintain and manage website content using the school's CMS (Content Management System). Currently the CMS is Concrete5.
● Serve as leader in developing awareness and momentum around school initiatives
● Manage style/branding guide for entire school community
● Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or marketing
● 7+ years of experience in marketing and communications with independent schools or nonprofit organizations
● Outstanding organizational and presentation skills
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills; interpersonal skills
● Proven ability to effectively lead, manage, and inspire a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment with multiple creative projects
● Creative and artistic vision and direction
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.