This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Crystal Springs Uplands School is a 6-12 co-educational independent day school spanning two distinct campuses with a deeply connected culture. We are a community that celebrates scholarship, strives for balance, and fosters inclusion. Motivated learners who bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community, Crystal students lead with humility, seek growth challenges, and embrace authenticity. Crystal adults are experienced, collaborative educators who are committed to effective teaching and professional growth, love working with students inside and outside of the classroom, and engage in their work with dedication and humor . Crystal embodies its core values through robust professional growth and leadership opportunities, intentional relationship-building, innovative curriculum and rich co-curricular programs, and a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable school community.
Crystal Springs Uplands School seeks a full-time, Director of Financial Aid and Associate Director of Admission starting July 1, 2020. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of financial aid experience and a B.A./B.S. A successful candidate in this position will:
● Exhibit a passion for financial aid work and for increasing accessibility to low-income families
● Demonstrate commitment to creative, equitable, and anti-bias financial aid and admission practices
● Engage with access programs and other outreach efforts
● Represent the Financial Aid Office at events including Open Houses, fairs, information sessions, and hands-on workshops on some evenings and weekends
● Display ability to design flyers and slides for financial aid presentations
● Be comfortable working with numbers
● Evaluate financial aid applications
● Advocate for students that currently receive financial aid through establishing policy and overseeing supplemental assistance funds
● Lead the Upper School Crystal Ambassador program: select, train, coach, and assign them to events, organize and edit their vlogs
● Demonstrate skills in film production from the storyboarding process to post-production for short admission videos
● Cultivate an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging environment that reflects Crystal’s core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive
● Work collaboratively with colleagues to recruit and retain mission-appropriate students
● Demonstrate strong communication skills; be a close and active listener, compelling and articulate speaker, and effective writer
● Be emotionally intelligent, energetic, empathetic, optimistic, organized, good-humored, collaborative, collegial, flexible, and confident
● Serve as an advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students
● Bring unique skills to contribute to our multifaceted community outside of the classroom (e.g. coaching, sponsoring a club, leading a global trip, speaking multiple languages, etc.)
● Spanish language fluency desired
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the Crystal community given the job description and a list of three references to Aaron Whitmore,
Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CSUS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, religion, and genetic information. Candidates of color and from other groups traditionally underrepresented in independent schools are encouraged to apply.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.