This opening calls for specific teaching
qualifications set by the school.
Middle School Math Position
MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH POSITION OVERVIEW
Calvary Christian School seeks to hire a dynamic, passionate middle school math teacher to teach math ability groups in sixth, seventh and eighth grades. The position teaches three math classes daily to students in grades 6-8 as well as teaching one middle school exploratory class every trimester.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
We seek a dynamic teacher who is qualified to teach middle school mathematics and is equally committed to working in a highly collaborative, diverse environment. Candidates must be able to teach through basic Geometry. In addition:
- Bachelor's degree in education or mathematics, a teaching certificate or credential or equivalent professional experience which would which would translate to successful classroom teaching. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment and instructional strategies.
- Promotes the use of multiple methods in solving problems, identifying more efficient strategies and generalizing principles to a broad variety of applications.
- Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning and to consider multiple perspectives when solving problems.
- Invests in the life of the school by participating in social and emotional learning, weekly department meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings, and any and all aspects that support the student experience.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. · Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment and integrity.
- Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and faculty.
- Calvary Christian School is dedicated to the mission of academic excellence, Christian values, leadership and service and strongly encourages applications from candidates who can deliver on this mission.
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check, LiveScan fingerprinting and TB screening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb.
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Average memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making. Average time pressure of decision making.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three to five references.