This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Crystal Springs Uplands School is a 6-12 co-educational independent day school located on two distinct campuses. Our deeply connected culture and community celebrates scholarship, strives for balance, and fosters inclusion. Crystal students bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community; they are motivated learners who lead with humility and embrace authenticity.
Crystal adults are experienced, collaborative educators who are committed to effective teaching and professional growth. Crystal teachers enjoy engaging with students inside and outside of the classroom and pursue their passion for teaching with dedication and humor. Crystal embodies its core values through robust professional growth and leadership opportunities, intentional relationship-building, innovative curriculum, rich co-curricular programs, and a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable school community.
Crystal Springs Uplands School seeks a full-time Middle School Dean of Students starting July 1, 2020. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of teaching or administrative experience and a B.A./B.S. in a relevant field (Masters Degree preferred).
A successful candidate in this position will:
● Exhibit a passion for leading student life initiatives and possess a range of effective pedagogical approaches
● Demonstrate commitment to equitable and culturally responsive practices
● Cultivate an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging learning environment that reflects Crystal’s core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive
● Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop innovative and meaningful programming
● Have passion for and experience with Middle School students and families
● Take advantage of opportunities for professional growth, leadership, and community building
● Serve as an advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students
● Bring unique skills to contribute to our multifaceted community outside of the classroom (e.g. coaching, sponsoring a club, leading a global trip, speaking multiple languages, etc.)
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the Crystal community given the job description.
Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CSUS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, religion and genetic information. Candidates of color and from other groups traditionally underrepresented in independent schools are encouraged to apply.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.