This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school in the greater Orange County area of CA, is seeking a Director of Finance to begin immediately. This person will report to the Head of School and sit on the 8-person administrative team. The Director of Finance supervises the Human Resources Manager and works closely with the Director of Facilities and several members of the Board of Trustees.
Duties include: Lead day to day financial management
● Develop, manage, and direct the operating budget. Report to the Head of School, Finance Committee, and Board of Trustees on the results of the current budget and projections for future operations.
● Organize and facilitate the Board of Trustees finance and audit committee meetings, support the compensation committee and as necessary, attend Board of Trustee meetings
● Manage the tuition collection and financial aid process.
● Oversee annual reporting to accrediting and member bodies (CAIS, NAIS, WASC, Cal- ISBOA) and maintain compliance with all government regulations.
● Manage and direct all functions of the business office, including but not limited to payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accounting, and food service program.
● Safeguard the school’s assets through establishing and maintaining strong and appropriate internal controls and procedures.
● Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CPA preferred.
● 7+ years of financial and business leadership; independent school experience preferred.
● Experienced strategic thinker who can take this school into the future.
● Demonstrated experience in financial planning, modeling, and analysis, including cost drivers, competitive analysis, market analysis, etc.
● Experience developing long-range capital and operational budget planning.
● Experience managing the financial aspects of a major construction project preferred.
● Solid computer proficiency, including experience in a variety of databases and robust spreadsheet experience. Experience with Blackbaud and other school-centric systems and databases preferred
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.