This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, Adat Ari El Labowe Family Day School, is seeking a Lead Music Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year to being immediately. *Experience with Jewish Day Schools, prayer leadership and designing a Judaic music curriculum preferred.
Adat Ari El, a Conservative Jewish Day School in Valley Village, CA, is forging the path for design thinking in Jewish day schools. Through a progressive teaching lens, primarily project-based learning and design thinking methodologies, we address the individual needs of each child by utilizing a specially developed, integrated curriculum.
Mission: Through Jewish vision and values, Adat Ari El Labowe Family Day School raises up students who know themselves, serve others, and act to improve the world.
We are seeking a part-time lead music teacher who is responsible for teaching both general and Judaic music to students in grades TK-6th grade and coordinates between other faculty involved in music instruction and performance. This teacher will help our students grow in their enjoyment, understanding, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences which include singing, listening, and targeted musical activities. This person will also perform other duties directly related to this job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Teaches general music to TK-6th grade including basic elements of music, notation, ensemble singing, and repertoire of English songs
● Teaches Judaic music through teaching and singing mostly Hebrew (some English) holiday, Israel, and other songs in our Judaic Studies repertoire.
●Designs and implements instruction that emphasizes engagement and fosters a love of music.
● Leads songs and T’fillot during a weekly Kabbalat Shabbat.
● Evaluates each student’s musical growth and participation so that everyone is able to contribute and perform.
● Plans a balanced music program and organizes class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
● Serves as point person between instrumental and performing arts teachers as well as parent volunteers for the all school performance.
● Supports additional opportunities for informal student performances.
● Verbally communicates with children in a positive manner. Communicates clearly in verbal, electronic and written form with parents, administrators, and colleagues.
● Minimum BA in Music or Music Education
● Sufficient piano and/or guitar skills for accompanying and directing vocal classes and groups
● Experience working with elementary school students preferred
● Orff training strongly encouraged
● Experience teaching acting and improvisation encouraged
● Flexibility and creativity in working in a dynamic environment where new ideas, mistakes, and iteration are embraced.
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.