This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, good humor and a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply.
The Bay School of San Francisco seeks an experienced registrar to join the school’s Academic Office. Reporting to the Dean of Academics and Innovation (DAI), the registrar manages and maintains student records, creates student and course schedules, and supports the functions of the Academic Office. This includes oversight of the Student Information System (SIS) and the Learning Management System (LMS) and of the consistent application of academic policies to individual cases. The registrar must be adept with databases and pride themselves on organization and attention to detail. Moreover, the registrar must be collaborative and team-oriented.
Managing Student Records
● Using Blackbaud (SIS), manage student records and organize storage of records (electronically and hard copies)
● Issue transcripts and work permits as requested internally and externally
● Review transcripts of current students and transfer students to ensure compliance with Bay School graduation requirements
Data Collection and Reporting
● Manage collection of data and dissemination of data as needed by the academic office
● With the DAI, determine best metrics to evaluate program and student experience
● Produce midterm and end-of-term grade reports
● Acts as first contact and ambassador in the Academic Office
● Create and distribute academic communications for community (for example, summer incoming family letters and report card notifications)
● With Director of Communications, develop course catalog (digital and print)
● Represent the academic office on the Student Support Team, aiding that team in making accommodations and interventions that align with the Academic Office policies and will best serve the students
● Work closely with the DAI to create annual academic calendar
● Work with senior deans to create staffing predictions ahead of schedule creation
● Work with DAI and Department Chairs to determine course offerings for upcoming year; create Course Catalog
● Drive the scheduling of academic courses (Using Class A software), including calendar of events, room assignments, special schedules, balance of course sections, and common preps for course teams and co-curricular scheduling
● Communicate with faculty, staff, students and families about special schedules
● Coordinate with Admissions Office to administer placement tests for incoming 9th grade and transfer students
● Create materials for student selection of courses
● Produce summary documents about schedule as well as individual student schedules
● Manage PSAT and PreAct administration
● Assign and schedule classrooms; serve as liaison with facilities to meet special room needs
● Create waivers for specific courses by collecting information on course activities
● Create a master calendar of course locations and assignments for support people
● Assist in organizing academic events such as Advisor Conference Day (August), Back to School Night (September), and 9th grade and transfer student-teacher-advisor conferences, along with providing additional support to the DAI as needed
● Order and manage student book orders (by course)
● Provide class coverage as needed
● Serve as back-up for Data Systems Coordinator for SIS, LMS and report card data migration
● Possible: serve as a student advisor, admissions interviewer, club sponsor, event chaperone
The ideal candidate
❖ finds resonance with The Bay School mission and philosophy
❖ has significant experience as a registrar at the high school or college level
❖ has significant experience with Blackbaud or other SIS/SMS/LMS
❖ values both collegial collaboration and feedback as a means to improve their work and the systems with which they work
❖ understands data migration between systems
❖ is highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate with a variety of people
❖ can code
❖ is committed to anti-bias and equity work, both personally and professionally
❖ enjoys working with and inspiring high school learners in all areas of school life
The school offers a salary commensurate with experience and a strong benefits package. Please review our website ( www.bayschoolsf.org ) to familiarize yourself with our school. If interested in the position, please send all of the items below to apply:
1) Cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing to the school and to the academic office
2) Reference list with contact information; the list should include at least one peer, one supervisor and, if applicable, one supervisee
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at email@example.com.