This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest's client school, in the Great Los Angeles area, is seeking a Director of Equity, Inclusion, and Community to be part of their executive senior leadership team. Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Director of Equity, Inclusion, and Community will lead, facilitate, and steward the processes and programs that support the school in becoming an ever more equitable and inclusive school. The person in this role will coordinate existing efforts and extend and connect our work with IE (Inclusion & Equity) in an ongoing effort to sustain an inclusive learning environment and school culture that is shared and understood by all.
● Master’s degree preferred
● Knowledge of child and adolescent development, including identity formation
● Demonstrated experience working on issues of inclusion and equity
● Demonstrated strength in building trusting relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
● Experience with strategic thinking and leadership, including expertise in gathering and assessing a broad range of data and helping develop shared agreement for key priorities and initiatives
● Experience leading and supervising staff
● Ability to facilitate and engage in difficult conversations and coach others to do the same
● Work from a place of intersectionality, understanding that identity is often context and fluid
● Create a strategic vision for IE in collaboration with the Head of School and the Board
● Create or maintain a network of IE practitioners in order to keep abreast of best practices and current research
● Support an employee professional growth model in collaboration with other senior administrators, that strengthens the capacity of all employees in their work with IE
● Develop in collaboration with the Division Heads, faculty, student, and family learning experiences that develop cultural competency and engage students in conversations about multicultural learning, equity and inclusion
● Support the school’s diversity efforts for students and employees
● Actively participate in an employee culture that is committed to being at the leading edge of K-8 education
CalWest and our partner schools are unable to respond to all applicants.
Candidates may be submitted to multiple positions during their time with CalWest. Also, candidates may not be chosen to move forward in the search they initially expressed interest in pursuing.
Our client schools make the final decisions.
At minimum, applicants should have:
CalWest is the “go-to” firm for educators seeking new positions at independent schools on the West Coast. We focus on increased communication and understanding with our candidates, providing reliable and candid advice about the schools they are considering.
If you have questions about the qualifications to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.